Solid Foundations 16 Week Class September 4th-December 18th
Solid Foundations Class, Wednesday nights from 7-9 pm beginning on 9/4 - 12/18, no childcare provided.
Solid Foundations is a 16 week class to help you understand why we believe what we believe about many of the foundational beliefs we have about the Bible. Jesus said,
“Anyone who listens to my teaching and follows it is wise, like a person who builds a house on solid rock. Though the rain comes in torrents and the floodwaters rise and the winds beat against that house, it won’t collapse because it is built on bedrock. But anyone who hears my teaching and doesn’t obey it is foolish, like a person who builds a house on sand. When the rains and floods come and the winds beat against that house, it will collapse with a mighty crash.” (Matthew 7:24-27 NLT)
What we believe matters, and more than that, why we believe it matters. If you want a stronger foundation to build your beliefs on this class is for you. We will cover the following topics:
- The validity of the Bible
- The nature of God
- The nature of Jesus
- Where did sin come from?
- Why do we do communion and water baptism?
- Who is the Holy Spirit?
- What is speaking in tongues?
- Living a changed life
- Why do we have churches?
- The Ministry
- Does God still heal people?
- Is Jesus coming back again?
- What is the Millennial Rein of Jesus?
- God’s final judgement
- New Heaven and a New Earth
Technically the cost of the class is free, but there is a deposit required.
$75 per person or $100 per couple.
If you complete all 16 weeks* of the class you will receive a certificate of completion and you can receive your deposit back in full, no questions asked. If you would prefer you may also designate that money to a department or ministry instead.
If you do not complete all 16 weeks* of the class, your deposit will go into our general account to be used for general ministry purposes.
*All 16 weeks is required without any “unexcused” absences.
Excused absences are as follows:
- Previously planned trips out of town that are communicated at the beginning of the class.
- Severe illness where you are incapable of normal function, or you are severely contagious to others. We would prefer you provide proof of a doctors visit if you are that ill and you must communicate ahead of time.
- Any no-shows without prior communication will be considered an unexcused absence.
Why is the deposit required?
This is very serious subject matter. We are talking about the creator of the universe and our Lord and Savior. We want those who choose to take this course to take it seriously. We also want to do everything we can to motivate those who start to finish.
If you truly want to take this course but legitimately cannot afford to do so, please contact our office.
What do you need to bring:
- A way to take good notes
What to expect:
This is a classroom, lecture style class. We will begin at 7pm and dismiss no later than 9pm.
There is no childcare or food provided.